Few people look forward to housework, but a clean, tidy home makes life much more pleasant. But you don’t have to work hours at a time to keep your house in order. Spending just 45 minutes a day to complete this entire list adds up to a big difference by the end of the week. Establish a daily routine of basic cleaning, make it a habit, and you will be amazed at how much easier it is to keep your house looking good.
- Larger jobs, such as thorough bathroom cleaning, vacuuming and mopping, should be performed weekly.
- Get your family involved. All adults and children should have daily assigned tasks.
- Work your way through the daily cleaning checklist in the same order and at the same time each day. This will help make it a habit, and get it done more quickly.
- Focus each day on clutter hot spots to prevent them from becoming overwhelming.
- Keep a mat on the outside and inside of entries to your home. This will greatly reduce the dust and debris tracked inside.
- Don't allow clutter to build up in your home, or maintain extensive collections of items that will require dusting.